Lawyers are one of the most respected professionals in the country. There are many advantages that come with the job! If you are thinking of following a legal career, here is a list of highlights that will make you consider the lawyer profession.
1. Money. According to the National Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for a lawyer is around $100,000. However, many lawyers earn a lot more. The pay depends on your experience, talent and where you work. Even when you are at the start of your career, you can expect high pay, for a fresh graduate.
2. You will not get bored. If you want an active job, with a lot of travel opportunities become an attorney! You will have a high level of mobility and you have may work opportunities. Lawyers investigate different cases and you will experience something new with every task.
3. Prestige and work satisfaction.A law career is still considered a landmark of success. High pay, influence and knowledge will make you one of the elites and earn you respect and recognition. Even today, attorneys are held in high esteem and their glamorous image is still promoted by the media!
4. You will help others. You have probably heard a lot of jokes about lawyers and their egocentric interests. However, the real situation is completely different! Many law firms offer pro bono services. This means that people can get help with legal matters for free! You too will have the possibility of helping people find justice. For example, many innocent people where saved from jail sentences and even death penalties by their lawyers!
5. You will know the law. The laws apply to many levels of our society. Knowing the law comes in handy for many things like: purchasing property, a car, conducting business and even doing your taxes. It will also be easier to make important connections because many people will ask for your advice on legal and business issues.
6. You can start your own business. After you gather enough experience and funds, you will be able to run your own business! You will be your own boss and you will work only in your interest. Being an attorney is perhaps the easiest way to become self-employed! Also, your legal knowledge will help you deal with any formalities and papers!
To close, a law career offers many opportunities and advantages. You will have money, prestige and independence; so give it a thought!